- New York, NY
- Full Time
- Digital Content
- Mid Level
The Whitney Museum of American Art is looking for a Video Producer to lead the Museum’s video strategy and create compelling original video content for our diverse audiences, in support of the Museum’s digital content strategy and brand communications efforts. Reporting to the Assistant Director, Digital Content, the Video Producer is responsible for the production of video for the Whitney’s YouTube channel, social media, website, and other channels relevant to implementing the Museum’s digital content strategy.
- With the Chief Communications & Content Officer (CCCO) and Assistant Director, Digital Content, set video strategy for the Museum, aligned with the overall Digital Content Strategy
- Collaborate with Digital Content teammates to create omni-channel digital strategies and content across the Museum’s digital platforms
- With the Assistant Director, Digital Content, author video plans for institutional and brand communications initiatives, high-profile exhibitions, and special projects, as needed; write video briefs, and manage video production budgets and timelines
- Produce videos for the Museum, serving as the primary liaison with outside production companies and internal stakeholders; coordinating shoots, reviews, and approvals; managing rights clearances; and ensuring videos are on-brand, on-time, and within budget
- Shoot and edit new video footage, and edit existing footage into new video assets, including for the Whitney’s social media channels and Marketing
- Manage the Whitney's YouTube channel
- Produce YouTube live-streams of Museum programs and events, working with event producers and AV, and oversee the selection, creation, and distribution of short extracts as needed
- Produce video content for Marketing & Communications plans, and for other department needs as approved by CCCO
- Establish and maintain best practices for video production and distribution, including accessibility
- Maintain video equipment inventory and manage, catalogue, and archive all final assets and footage
- Stay abreast of video and social media trends, researching new and popular video formats
- Other relevant duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Film or another creative discipline, or equivalent
- 5 or more years’ experience producing a variety of short-form video content
- Proven editorial, creative, and technical flair in the production of short-form video from storyboarding to script-writing to editing; experience working with high-profile, forward-thinking brands a plus
- Core video production skills, including shooting (camera, lighting, sound, and grip) and proficiency in standard editing and post-production software (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut, etc.)
- Knowledge of YouTube as a platform and social media storytelling formats
- Excellent planning, project management, and communication skills, with proven experience managing multiple concurrent projects
- Experience developing and managing video project briefs, timelines, and budgets
- Collaborative team player who is able to work effectively under pressure with multiple stakeholders, both internal and external
- Experience capturing live events or performances on film
- Interest and knowledge of modern and contemporary art preferred
- Flexible schedule (occasional evening and weekend hours required)
- Position requires ability to manage physical aspects of shoots, including carrying and setting up equipment as needed
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet, women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to arts and culture administration, returning to work after a gap in employment, simply looking to transition, or take the next step in your career path, we will be glad to have you on our radar. Please use your cover letter to tell us about your interest in the arts and culture space and what you hope to bring to this role.
About the Whitney:
The Whitney Museum of American Art, founded in 1930 by the artist and philanthropist Gertrude Vanderbilt Whitney, houses the foremost collection of American art from the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. From her vision arose the Whitney Museum of American Art, which has been championing the most innovative art of the United States for 86 years. The core of the Whitney’s mission is to collect, preserve, interpret, and exhibit American art of our time and serve a wide variety of audiences in celebration of the complexity and diversity of art and culture in the United States. Through this mission and a steadfast commitment to artists themselves, the Whitney has long been a powerful force in support of modern and contemporary art and continues to help define what is innovative and influential in American art today.
The Whitney Museum of American Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Museum does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law. The Museum hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. The Museum encourages all qualified candidates to apply for vacant positions at all levels. This description shall not be construed as a contract of any sort for a specific period of employment.
The health and safety of our Museum community is the highest priority. As such, the Whitney Museum is requiring all newly hired staff members to be fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment. Requests for reasonable accommodations for medical, religious, or other reasons will be considered in accordance with applicable law.